Monday, January 3, 2011

All The Phone Calls

Who knew making all of the phone calls associated with the death of a family member could take so long.  I guess that you need to stop and examine their life.

Between the phone call with Social Security, the Bank the Insurance Company, the Phone Company, the Cable Company.   That is to name a few that I have contacted in two days.  This does not account for all the paperwork that I will end up with from all of the same companies.

I guess what I am trying to say is that you need to be as prepared as possible should a close family member pass and you are the one who has to handle the affairs.

This not even mention the fact that you have to have all their personal information at the time of death.  Medical history, social security number, next of kin.  It is also helpful to go ahead and know where if any insurance policies are located.  Do you know what they want to wear to be buried in.  Do you know if they want music.  Do you know who you want to list in the Obit?

Yes, these are some of the decisions that I  have had to make in the past two weeks.  Thank goodness that my mother had told me most of the information and I knew the rest by heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment