Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Store

Who knew that a simple run to the store would reduce me to tears?

While walking thru the store, I was thinking of all that I needed to buy.  This being the first time that I have been to this store since my mothers death, I knew that it would bring back memories of doing her grocery shopping.

I held it together well until I started walking down the frozen food isle.  As I passed a certain food, that I knew my mother was eating, I just stood in the middle of the isle and melted into a puddle of tears.

My husband walked up to me and asked what was wrong.  I told him that I had just walked past the last food that my mother ate before she died.

I cried all the way to the check-out line and I know that people were looking at me.

If they only knew what my feelings were at that time.....if they only knew why I was crying...

If Only.....such a short sentance, without all or no answer

No comments:

Post a Comment